Class 6- Virtual Identities


Your virtual identity is a picture you paint to the world. As discussed in class, your virtual identity is chosen by you and there are many ways to portray your virtual identity and it many changing depending on the social media platform. If you are using a professional plate- form, you portray yourself differently than on Facebook or Instagram.

 As you grow older your view of social media and the internet changes. Your virtual identity grows with, when you are younger you use games like club penguin and star doll, were you create this persona thought a charter. Now in some ways you are still creating this persona but rather then protecting the persona as a character, it's your life and what you want people to see. Now we only show the good things in our life. When we are younger our persona was completely different to how it is now. That, maybe because our view of the internet changes, how Technology advances changes and we mature.

Social media plays a huge part of our online persona. On social media our online persons portrays the positive in our lives. Depending on the social media platform people could view my online persona differently. If someone views my professionally persona, they would perceive all the qualities that I feel would meet the job requirements, but if they view my Instagram and twitter, they would see a different side to me. People highly judge your online persona. So that’s why you need to be careful in what you show the world. Our online persona doesn’t define you as a person but to many people it could because it’s what your choice to show the world.

On my social media I also only show the good parts of my life. This is because personally feel social media isn’t the place to portray the bad things and show the world the ins and outs of my life. Social media is a fun place to express yourself.  So, people might perceive my social media persona as a reflection into to the fun and exciting things in my life. People also might also view my social media as a funny place for me to show my life. 
Posted 05/12/2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class 8- Update on Group Project

Class 8- Walking away????

Class 6- Progress Group Project