The begaining of our virtual journey

Overall I enjoyed the first class. Before the class started I spent a little while getting used to how to use the software, e.g changing my avatars apprentices, learning how to walk and finding the class. I found the class very informative into second life, the mind of the creator and how the class will progress in the future.

After class Two other students and I began exploring the world of second life. Whilst  Exploring second life we learned a lot about how to travel around, how to call friends, inviting friends to join you and all the different parts of second life. We first travelled to different types of clubs but I didn't enjoy them too much because all the walls were plastered in images and pieces of clothing, that you had to pay for. It was like these places were a way of advertising, to show you what is possible in hopes you would pay for them.

Whilst exploring the world we found a venue where you don't have the ability to talk or even call any of your friends. I didn't really enjoy this venue too much, due to the fact I believe a key part that makes second life enjoyably, is the ability to connected and share the experiences with others. That's why I believe removing the ability to speak, removes a key aspect from the software.

Our journey took us places that were actually quick beautiful with constant sunsets to peacefull island filled with different adventures. The island that we came across was filled with interesting and usually things to do. It began when we found dragons that brought us on this long and calming ride around the island. Which allowed us to see another side to the island and second life itself. While flying thought the sky we came across an enough docked pirate ship. Being on the pirate ship got me thinking if our avatars have the ability to swim, this brought me to the decision to jump over the side into the sea. Jumping over the side lead me to an underwater town, reminding me of the lost city of atlantes.

Riding the dragon introduced us a spaceship, this space ship actually leads us to a choice of different plants to visit and explore. Our choice landed us on mars where we spent the time driving around space cars and taking pictures. It was so interesting that our exploration started on such a dull and boring tone but ended with us drives on mars.

The first class and task were very enjoyable, I feel I gained a better understanding of second life and all the possibility it holds. The exploration brought us to unique and interesting places. Overall the first class was very enjoyable and I'm excited to continue the course.










                                Published 03/10/2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class 8- Update on Group Project

Class 6- Progress Group Project

Class 6- Virtual Identities